Number 7 Reynolds Way has always been a Ladies Hairdresser since 1967 and in 2012 became a Pharmacy. Other shops in the same row have not changed much either.
The following is not a definitive guide but is what I have made after checking some Abingdon Who’s Who and Directories since 1967 when Reynolds Way first gets a mention. There are still holes I’m sure. So please fill them in if you can.
1. 1967 Takeaway Restaurant——————————————————————————————–>
3. 1967 AR Arnold & Son (unknown shop) —> 1972 Newsagent ——————————————->
5. 1967 Bakers / Confectioner————————————–>1992 Betting Office————————>
7. 1967 Ladies Hairdresser————————————————————————- 2012 Pharmacy
9. 1967 Butcher ———————————————————-> 1996 Videos — 2003? Takeaway—>
11. 1967 Greengrocer / Fruit —————————————————–>2003? (extension to 13/15?)
13/15. 1967 Provisions / Supermarket ——————————————————————————–>
As an aside I also discovered from the internet that back in 2009 a company wanted to put a Pharmacy in South Abingdon. Other pharmacies in the town centre objected but on appeal it was judged that “Given there is limited connectivity to Ock Street, the Committee concurred with the applicant and Oxfordshire PCT in that this is a separate predominantly residential area to the south of Abington (sic), which has no pharmacy within it.”
There has been no Doctor either since Dr Allinson closed her practice at the bottom of Mill Road in the early 1990s.