Old Abbey House is boarded up as redevelopment starts.
Daniel has been able to get a higher view over the fence showing the scaffolding.
He even has a view of the roof.
For the history of Old Abbey House there is the Abingdon Buildings and People site. A quick summary:
- Old Abbey House probably built by wealthy businessman James Smallbone about 1780
- Edwin Trendell, wine merchant, lived there from 1847 to 1900 and extended the house and developed the garden
- The Rt Revd James Leslie Randall, Bishop of Reading, lived there until 1920
- Abingdon Borough Council, Vale of White Horse District Council and Abingdon Town Council worked there from the 1920s until 2014
- From 2021/2 it will become a hotel
For more of Daniel’s aerial shots you can visit his facebook page https://www.facebook.com/danielgloverdrone