Yesterday there were men putting lights and giant baubles on the Christmas Tree on Abingdon Market Place.
The Bookstore has put out the reindeer decorations. Even though they are not open because of the November lockdown, they do have a Click and Collect Service.
Added Ingredients have the annual display of Pandoro (Italian) Christmas Cakes in the window, and are open Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday from 10-3.
Chic It Up have also put out their Christmas display and people can Collect items.
It is ten years since I have updated the look of the Abingdon Blog, and today have made a few changes which I hope will work. They include:
* bringing all posts and comments since 2006 in one archive (rather than 3)
* improve how it looks on mobile phones
* allows replies to replies, and replies to replies to replies etc.
* fix historic links to websites that no longer exist (there are a lot that have stopped working since 2006)
* allow space for bigger pictures and videos
* remove the brown flock wallpaper which was looking dated
Let me know what you think. If it all goes wrong, and you cannot leave a reply, email email@example.com .
I could still go back to the old but hope to fix any problems and move forward.
Only four days to go to Halloween. The top pumpkin farm in Abingdon this year looks to be Peachcroft Farm.
You can select a pumpkin and take it to the size checker at the farm shop to find the price.
By morning, when the worst predicted storms since October 1987 have struck town, there could be more than a single pumpkin on the ground.
A shop will be opening on Wednesday near The Square in Abingdon. The shop has been decorated and the sign was painted yesterday. The new shop will sell paintings and art; antiques, collectibles and some quirky stuff.